More information including official minutes, votes and videos on all items is available at boccmeetings.jocogov.org.
BOCC actions for the week of November 11, 2019
The BOCC voted to authorize the following items:
Fire District items
- (Sitting as the Governing Board of Fire District No. 2) The purchase of two (2) 2020 Ford F-350 4x4 super-cab brush trucks with installed 9’ aluminum beds, 250 gallon water tanks, fire pumps, and hose reels from Unruh Fire Equipment, Sedgwick, Kansas per the HGAC bid, for a total price not to exceed $153,214.
Agreements and contracts
- An agreement with the City of Olathe to provide funding in the amount not to exceed $375,000 for the construction of a regional detention basin upstream of Lackman Road, estimated to cost $6.2 million.
- A contract with Olsson, Inc. for the survey and design of safety improvements for 199th Street from Clare Road to US-169 Highway at a cost not to exceed $309,408.
- A contract with Thomas McGee Group for Workers’ Compensation and Liability Claim Administration Services, (“TPA Services”) in an amount not to exceed $117,700. The contract term is for a one (1) year period with four (4) additional one (1) year renewal options.
- (THE BOARD VOTED TO TABLE THIS ITEM INDEFINITELY) A contract with VitalCore Health Strategies, LLC, for inmate and offender medical services, at a cost not to exceed $20,230,253.65 for a period of three (3) years with the option to renew for two (2) additional three (3) year periods.
- Directed the issuance, sale and delivery of General Obligation Internal Improvement Bonds, Series 2019A of Johnson County, Kansas for the purpose of providing funds to finance certain wastewater improvements and the Sheriff Radio Replacement project in the aggregate principal amount to be determined but now estimated to be $22,105,000; providing for the levy and collection of an annual tax for the purpose of paying the principal of and interest on said bonds as they become due, and making certain covenants and agreements to provide for the payment and security thereof; and authorizing certain other documents and actions connected therewith.
- The renovation, construction, equipping and furnishing of improvements to the Sheriff's Operations Building, Adult Residential Center 3 and the new Century Adult Detention Center, approving the issuance by the Public Building Commission of Johnson County, Kansas of its Lease Purchase Revenue Bonds (Major Asset Replacement Projects), Series 2019A, in the aggregate principal amount to be determined but now estimated to be $1,390,000 for the purpose of funding such new projects; and authorized and approved the execution of certain documents and taking of certain actions in connections therewith.
- Charter Resolution No. 044-19 to allow the Board of County Commissioners to establish procedures and schedules, including holiday schedules for official meeting dates.
- Set an official meeting calendar for the Board of County Commissioners for 2020.
Sitting as the Special Public Building Commission
- The issuance by the Public Building Commission of Johnson County, Kansas of its Lease Purchase Revenue Improvement Bonds (Major Asset Replacement Project), Series 2019A, in the aggregate principal amount to be determined but now estimated to be $1,390,000 for the purpose of funding such new projects; and authorizing and approving the execution of certain documents and taking of certain actions in connections therewith.
The Board held a study session to review the questions for the 2020 Community Survey.
A look ahead for the week of Nov. 18
Below is a look at the BOCC calendar for next week. Details on the meetings are available at https://www.jocogov.org/calendar-created/month?field_event_type_tid=4224&date=2019-11
These are the current items on the Nov. 21, 2019 BOCC agenda:
- Consider adopting to install stop signs at the intersection of the Airport Commission’s Railroad and Conestoga Street in New Century AirCenter.
- Consider annual approval of the investment policy for Johnson County, with no revenue or cost impact to the County.
- Consider Approving the 2020 Audit Plan proposed by the County Auditor.
- Consider a request from Carol Hatfield, applicant, and the Carol J. Hatfield Revocable Trust, landowner, for Preliminary and Final Plat for 2 residential lots to be known as Hatfield Acres, on approximately 77 acres, on property zoned RUR, Rural District, located at 14470 Dillie Road.
- Consider a request from Eric, Shiloh, Larry, and Judy Harlan applicants/landowners, for approval of a 1,200 sq. ft. accessory dwelling unit on 40 acres located at 14820 Edgerton Road.
- Consider entering into a Business Operations Agreement with the Johnson County Law Library to allow the County to provide certain ministerial, financial, and general recordkeeping services.
- Invitation to Bid No. 2019-002. Consider authorizing a contract with Insituform Technologies, LLC. for Collection System Rehabilitation and Repair with Cured in Place Pipe and Manhole Rehabilitation, CMSD Contract No.32, in an amount not to exceed $5,000,000 annually with four (4) one-year optional renewals.